Friday, January 15, 2010

Student Journal: Wednesday

[written by trip participant Rachael T.]

One of my most memorable experiences from this trip was our visit to the old age home. It was so nice to spend time with these people and you could tell that it made them so happy. Although there was a language barrier we were still able to get to know them and help them with an arts and crafts project. It was also just really nice to see that the elderly people in Israel have such a fun and loving environment they can live in as they get older. This experience meant a lot to me and I'm so happy I was able to make their day just by spending time with them.


[written by trip participant Brittany A.]

This has been the experience of a lifetime. There is so much culture and history in the state of Israel. From climbing Masada to taking tours and seeing villages, there is history everywhere. The most rewarding part of this experience has been going to the old age home. It showed that although a language barrier may be there, you can communicate in other ways. Just doing arts and crafts with the elderly brought joy to their life and mine. The company of others is something that is understood by all and I'm so glad I have the company of these 45 other people!


[written by trip participant Gabby G.]

This trip has been the best experience, and I could not have imagined a better time. Climbing Masada was a real accomplishment, and completing it with friends made it so much better. Sleeping in a tent in the middle of the desert was fun. This trip has really helped me meet a lot of new people, and now I have 45 new friends.


[written by trip participant Evan]

This trip has been great. From floating in the Dead Sea to the 3 a.m. hikes, it's been great meeting all these people and doing activities during the day and then going out at night as a big group. This is something I’ll remember in 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment