Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Student Journal: Final Reflections

[written by trip participant and Towson University student Rachel S.]

This trip to Israel has completely changed my life. Everything we saw was absolutely breathtaking, and I love how there is a story behind everything, a recent story. I will be back sometime real soon, hopefully within the next few years. I have learned so much about Israel, and I hope I continue to learn more. I have also learned a lot about myself. I love everyone I met on this trip and I'm going to miss our soldiers. A lot! I love how close everyone got on this trip, and I hope to hopefully return with a few of them soon.


[written by trip participant and Towson University student Brittani K.]

Not enough words could describe how unbelievable this trip to Israel was. On the airplane flying to Israel I kept saying how surreal this trip was. Every place we visited and every person on this trip made this long-awaited “dream" the absolute best it could be. The hikes, the time spent together, everything was so amazing. This trip truly changed me. I want to come back to visit so soon because I've grown such a love for this country. I'm going to look into studying abroad here as well. I feel like everyone on this trip completed this “family” we've become and of course it would have never been the same without our amazing soldiers. I love everyone and will miss this trip so much! Always cherish the memories!


[written by trip participant and Towson University student Jessa L-M]

Taking a trip (to Israel) has always been a dream of mine that I never really knew how I would fulfill. When I heard about Birthright I thought it couldn't be true! I'm so glad this opportunity was available and that I was able to take advantage. I've seen and learned so much in only 10 days! This trip has changed my views about Israel and about Judaism in a positive light. It's amazing to me how close and welcoming Israel is as a people and a country. I hope I can take what I've learned and pass it on to my family and friends. I also feel more comfortable about my Jewishness to be more involved. I hope to visit Israel again. Lehit’raot!


[written by trip participant and Towson University student Evan T.]

I never realized what I was about to get myself into. This trip to a country few of us have been, but all of us anticipated to see for so long. This was about to be the most influential trip of my life. Instantly after I stepped off the plane, I knew this trip was going to be special. Describing all of the memories that we all share together here is too hard to explain, because it seems that once we all got close, the good times never ended. From visiting the Western Wall on Shabbat, to floating with each other in the Dead Sea, this trip is an experience I will never forget. Much thanks needs to go to our wonderful soldiers, who I believe, single-handedly brought this trip together and made this trip a special place in all of our hearts. It's now the last day and I can honestly say that I never want to leave this place. Until next time... Yours truly, “Big Evan”


[written by trip participant and Towson University student Rachel L.]

I came to Israel an American first and a Jew second. Leaving Israel, I'm a Jew first and American second. This trip really helped me get in touch with my identity to help me figure out who I want to be. There were many things I experienced that were unlike anything before. Israel is truly a unique place and I cannot wait to go back.


[written by trip participant and Towson University student Brittany W.]

This trip has been very memorable and meaningful. Having been to Israel prior with my family, I definitely loved experiencing it with everyone. My favorite part is that we all became close like family. On each hike there was always someone who stood behind all the difficult parts helping everyone through. For example, after I fell on my face everyone was there for me. I'm going to miss all our inside jokes and definitely the soldiers. I can honestly say that without the soldiers, the trip would not have been the same. I learned a great deal about their culture and lifestyle. This is been the best 10 days, so I know the memories will be with me forever.


[written by trip participant and Towson University student Alex B.]

Dear everyone, I am not the kind of guy that writes letters but will make this exception. There are no words to describe how amazing this trip was and how great it was to get to know all of you. I know you think I party hard, but every group needs their party animal deep down. Traveling with every one of you was an experience I will never forget. Seeing the views and learning everything from Michael was amazing. I guess that's why they call it Amazing Israel. I hope that we can all meet up and keep in touch as much as we can. Love, Alex


[written by Mifgash member Yoav F. and translated from Hebrew]

Well, it’s over.... I must say that I didn’t expect to become such good friends with people! In any case, you are eternally burned into my heart! Love, Yoav

No comments:

Post a Comment